Support Learning For All
Supporting Learning For All
Ashbury Meadow Primary School is committed to supporting learning for all pupils including those who have additional needs to enable them to experience a sense of belonging, develop specific skills and abilities, and to have confiendence and belief in their own learning potential. We support all pupils to access our school curriculum through the use of wider strategies that address non-academic barriers to success including developing pupils' cultural capital, improving attendance and supporting behaviour. Wider strategies have been shown to support positive learning behaviours and have a stong focus on positive relationships and routines.
The wider strategies that we have chosen also support the wellbeing and attainment of all pupils and support children during transition points, both micro and macro.
Our school wider strategies include:
- the UNICEF Rights Respecting School (we are Gold RIghts Respecting School) https://www.unicef.org.uk/rights-respecting-schools/
- Learning Outside the Classroom (we a silver LOTC school) https://www.lotc.org.uk/
- Communication Friendly School (we achieved accreditation as a Communication Friendly Setting) https://www.elklan.co.uk/
- National Nurturing Schools Programme (we are a Nurture School) https://www.nurtureuk.org/
- Zones of Regulation https://zonesofregulation.com/
- Strong focus on Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural eduaction
- Trips and Visits are planned throughout the curroculum and are not off events, and support the development of pupils' cultural capital