Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
Early Years Fondation Stage Curriculum Intent
Our Early Years curriculum has been carefully designed to consider the needs of our pupils and recognise what they bring to the setting whilst simultaneously thinking to the future and the skills they will need to become lifelong learners. We aim to inspire and expose our learners to the awe and wonder of the world and equip them with the knowledge and crucial skills needed to support our future communities in an ever-changing society.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers to promote positive relationships and attitudes to learning so that children can reach their full potential.
- Build positive relationships with the child so that school is a place they feel safe and enjoy.
- As a communication friendly school continue to use our expertise to successfully narrow the gaps in children’s language and oracy development.
- Reduce barriers to learning by providing a curriculum that addresses our pupil’s cultural capital providing them with the skills and experiences they wouldn’t otherwise have.
- Support children to become resilient learners through a ‘Growth Mindset’ approach.
- Encourage independence and support children to take ownership of their learning through the use of the ‘Rainbow challenge’.
- Through the convention of the rights develop children’s awareness of society and the impact they can have on others to help prepare them to make a valuable contribution to society.
- Plan for our children’s interests and provide opportunities throuh our curriculum to support learning, consolidate and deepen knowledge and ensure they are prepared for the next stage.
- Continue to encourage and support pupils to pursue happy, healthy and active lives by extending our curriculum offer to include weekly p.e. sessions with city in the community.
- Prepare children to reach the Early Learning goals at the end of the Foundation Stage and ensure children make at least good progress from their starting points.